VINCENT

Sunday, May 1, 2011

How has learning about newsworthiness and types of news articles (straight news articles and feature articles in different sections of the newspaper)

After learning about newsworthiness and types of news articles, I am reading newspapers in a completely different way. I used to just read the entire article without bothering to analyse it. But now, I read the articles more thoroughly and look for the important factors. I start to notice how the article is written and how the way it is written is associated with the content of the article. I am able to better evaluate the article and understand the key issue.

2 comments:

Beh Guan Hong said...

I also feel that learning about the differences of news articles has helped me to learn more about the way a newspaper arranges its contents. This has made me notice more about the differences between articles

seah2112 said...

Maybe trying to annotate the news article would be good because it untangles some key points which are sometimes confusing.