VINCENT

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Aqua Fiesta 2011

Due to the building of the MRT this year the school decided to hold an Aqua Fiesta event. I had took part in the 8 by 50m inter-consortium relay. I really had not much hope of getting even third as there were very few swimmers in iSpark. Nevertheless I was still going to do the best I could. I had come down with a cough the previous day and was not in the best physical condition. When the race actually started, we took a lead as we had put our best swimmers in front. By the fourth leg our lead had stretched to 2-3 bodylengths. But the other consortiums better swimmers started their legs and we saw our lead slowly diminish. We were second when it came to my leg. I jumped in the water and my goggles came off. I was unable to do anything about it and had to continue swimming. It wasn't much of a hindrance other than being unable to see where the other swimmers were. I was unable to make up any ground and we ended up being dead-last.

0 comments: