VINCENT

Sunday, May 15, 2011

GE 2011: George Yeo

I'm in Aljunied GRC. Or Marine Parade. My Dad claims that we're in Marine Parade but from what I've checked, we were absorbed into Aljunied quite a while back. He refuses to tell me who he voted for but, oh well. Doesn't matter. So obviously the most major thing would be the loss of Aljunied GRC to the WP. This had caused a few important ministers to lose their roles, most notably the foreign Minister George Yeo. I had felt that George Yeo was doing a good job and that it was a shame he could no longer serve Singapore. He had helped Singapore maintain strong diplomatic ties with other countries. From what I've read in the newspapers the foreign ministers of other countries have praised Mr Yeo and expressed their surprise that he had been ousted. I hope that whoever takes over Mr Yeo does a good job and even try to surpass his achievements.

0 comments: