VINCENT

Monday, April 18, 2011

A day in the life of the Second World War

Dear Diary,
Today was a bad day. We could not hold our position and were pushed back by the Germans. We lost many good men and lost our supplies. Our reinforcements have been delayed and we are running out of options. If this goes on, we may have to surrender or this entire battalion will be killed. I saw Miller get shot right beside me and bleed to death. We could not even try to save him, our medical supplies had completely run out. As the sergeant, I should be leading troops into victory and not be losing all my men for nothing. I am at my wit's end, the troops are demoralised, we are getting pushed back further everyday and we are getting completely overrun. When will all this end? When will help arrive? I need answers but I'm not getting any.

0 comments: