VINCENT

Monday, February 28, 2011

Mississippi Burning

I liked the movie. It has an interesting and realistic plot. At the start, I was a bit put off by the brutality in which some of the characters were being killed or treated. The bad guys were tried for arson but were suspended and did not have to go to jail in an obvious case of bias. I was a little upset even though it was a movie as the FBI had been trying to bring justice upon the bad guys but failed. But in the end, the murderers were finally caught. But they were charged on Civil rights violation and not murder, which has a much heavier sentence, as murder is a state charge where the judge will not give a fair sentence.

1 comments:

Junius Tan said...

I guess the movies invoked feelings into you, I too was disappointed when time to time the FBI did not get to catch the KKK. When the FBI used violent means to bring the people to justice, I think it was a good way to crack the case as just by using law and order would not help to crack the case